[Sysadmin] Transfer - hellenic.co.zw

ZISPA DNS Admin admin at zispa.org.zw
Sat Feb 10 01:42:12 CAT 2018

Hi

The template attached to your message has been processed and the following domain name listed in your template has been transferred:

 	hellenic.co.zw
from:
 	yoafrica
to:
 	zol

We understand that this has been agreed with the former registrar, to whom this is being copied. (If not, the former registrar should contact us.)

A confirmation "dig" (DNS lookup on the ZISPA nameserver) for the domain has been sent to the e-mail addresses listed in the template and to your listed contact address, with a copy to the former registrar.  Please check the confirmation message and advise ZISPA if any discrepancy is found.

YOU SHOULD CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE THE MESSAGE CONFIRMING THE DOMAIN TRANSFER.

You must now liaise with the former registrar over the dropping of the domain from their nameservers and the release of any mail on their mail servers.  For the smoothest transfer:

     The new registrar should already have the records for the domain set
     up on their nameservers, have mail relaying enabled, and have SMTP
     routing correctly configured for final delivery.

     The former registrar should arrange for temporary SMTP routing of mail
     for the domain to go to the new mail servers, force any queued
     mail across, and continue to allow relaying for the domain.

     The former registrar should temporarily change their DNS records for
     the domain to match those on the new registrar's nameservers.

     Once the changes have fully propagated (normally within 24 hours)
     then the new registrar should notify the former registrar to drop the
     DNS records, SMTP routing and mail relaying.

The former registrar is requested _not_ to drop the DNS records or block relaying of incoming mail for the domain until such time as the new registrar confirms that the changes have propagated fully.  If all registrars follow the above guidelines then everyone will benefit in the long run - please co-operate.

Any suggestions for modifications to these procedures are welcome.

DISCLAIMERS:

Please note that the script used to process the template does not take into account the domain name or action specified in the subject line or body of the message. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the template matches the contents of the message.

ZISPA requires accurate information to be provided in the template. Please note therefore that registrations carried out based on templates that contain invalid or non-functional email addresses are liable to be reversed. Note that if an address is at the domain itself, then the mail servers for the domain must be configured in advance to accept mail to that address.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
Zimbabwe Internet Service Providers Association (ZISPA)
Tel:  +263-8677-101336
Cell: +263-772-782208
WhatsApp: +263772782208
Alt tel: +263-4-334924/334111 (ask for ZISPA system administrator)
Skype: mango_sysop
Web: www.zispa.org.zw