Bulls n Bears Entrepreneurship Zone :: Profit-making idea: Tapping into Kenya’s affordable housing market

Bulls n Bears bulls at bulls.co.zw
Wed Apr 25 08:24:37 CAT 2018

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>

In a recent interview, we asked Ivan Mbowa, co-founder and CEO of Umati
Capital, to name a business opportunity he would still like to pursue. Here
is his response:

I believe that the best business opportunities are those that address
significant and untapped consumer demand. For anyone starting a business in
Africa, I would advise you to look at the fundamentals. One fundamental
business opportunity that I see is in affordable housing.

Affordable housing options have not caught up with the rate of population
growth and urban migration.

Whether you look at this from the spectrum of student housing or single
accommodation options, I believe that the right mix of price and quality is
a sure bet and one that will reward a business person/investor with returns
at least equal to, if not greater than, the 25% per annum appreciation in
real estate that most investors have seen in real estate in Kenya.—
Howwemaditinafrica

<https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/costly-home-loans-suppressing-massive-o
pportunity-low-income-housing/55027/housing-600x300/>

Telephone:    <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:    <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AF
QjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw

Blog:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1
&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Twitter:                  @bullsbears2010

LinkedIn:               Bulls n Bears Zimbabwe