Bulls n Bears Entrepreneurship Zone :: Profit-making idea: Open up cross-border e-commerce and delivery

Bulls n Bears bulls at bulls.co.zw
Fri Aug 17 06:20:03 CAT 2018

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>

In a recent interview, we asked Desmond Koney, CEO of Complete Farmer, to
name a business opportunity he would still like to pursue. Complete Farmer
is an online Ghanaian platform that enables users to invest in, own and
manage farms from the comfort of their homes. Here was Koney’s response:

“These are exciting times for entrepreneurship in Africa, and I think there
are immense opportunities for entrepreneurs on the continent to take
advantage of. One being distribution channels and payment systems. There is
so much happening in other markets across the continent, yet all these
solutions remain indigenous to the local communities because of the lack of
distribution and payment channels, which makes it possible for entrepreneurs
to access markets in other ecosystems. Depending on foreign channels makes
it unattractive to do business with other African countries because this
increases the cost of goods.

“This is a big opportunity to help bridge not just economies but also
digital economies in e-commerce and for startups. If it is possible for me
to buy products or to make purchases and get shipping at a cost-effective
price from a startup in Kenya or Rwanda, and have the products delivered to
my home in Ghana, I believe this would have significant implications in
increasing the markets of startups, and the adaptation of solutions across
the continent. Distribution and payment systems are big opportunities for
budding entrepreneurs.”—Howwemadeitinafrica

Telephone:    <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:    <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AF
QjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw

Blog:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1
&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Twitter:                  @bullsbears2010

LinkedIn:               Bulls n Bears Zimbabwe