Bulls n Bears Entrepreneurship Zone :: Profit-making idea: Using tuk-tuks and digital tech to service low-income earners

Bulls n Bears bulls at bulls.co.zw
Thu Jun 28 08:29:50 CAT 2018

 <http://www.oldmutual.co.zw/>

Profit-making idea is a series of short posts, each with a piece of
information that we think you might find useful: for investment, for growing
your company or to start a new business.

If Gloria Michelle Otieno-Muka, CEO of Nairobi-based Recours Four Kenya
Consultants Limited, could venture into any other industry, it would be into
the tuk-tuk market, using an app-based solution.

“There is so much potential in Kenya right now in the use of apps to make
business processes easier.

“Recently, we had an app created to order a tuk-tuk, the mode of transport
in Mombasa, Kenya, to enable passengers to identify their drivers and to
improve safety, similar to how Uber does this. However, we still do not know
where the drivers are trained.

“This is a potential opportunity for any entrepreneur to create a threshold
for drivers and to train them in customer service, hygiene, use of the app
and passenger safety.

“This mode of transport can also be introduced in South Africa’stownships.
I noticed when I was in South Africa that the transport system is rigid,
with few options for low-income earners. The tuk-tuk can manoeuvre in small
alleys and drop people closer to their doorsteps: it’s targeted at
lower-income earners. The numbers should be limited per area to avoid
congestion. Tuk-tuks are fast and reliable, with low maintenance costs.
Plus, with the app and trained drivers, tuk-tuks will be safer.” —
Howwemadeitinafrica

<https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/profit-making-idea-using-tuk-tuks-and-d
igital-tech-to-service-low-income-earners/61661/tuk-tuk-600x300/>

Telephone:    <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:    <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AF
QjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw

Blog:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1
&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Twitter:                  @bullsbears2010

LinkedIn:               Bulls n Bears Zimbabwe