Bulls n Bears Entrepreneurship Zone :: Profit-making idea: Old clothes – restyle, reinvigorate, burn

Bulls n Bears bulls at bulls.co.zw
Thu May 17 09:02:09 CAT 2018

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>

Profit-making idea is a series of short posts, each with a piece of
information that we think you might find useful: for investment, for growing
your company or to start a new business..

In a past interview, we asked Deepa Dosaja, the founder and CEO of the
eponymous Deepa Dosaja label, to name a business opportunity she would still
like to pursue. Here is her response:

“In my industry it would be wonderful if a qualified designer would start
an up-cycling and recycling brand. The designer would encourage clients to
bring in old garments – for example, [an] old, favourite dress – and recut
it and style it into a new garment. This would be profitable; as I believe
if someone has sentimental value for a garment they would only want a
qualified designer to restyle it.

This would be profitable in that the designer would have no outlay in
buying fabric and they would be able to charge a sufficient amount for their
skill and design.

In another unrelated industry, I believe if one were to collect all the old
clothes and garbage around the world and import them to Africa, and set up
an industry whereby these objects would be burned at high heat in order to
produce usable gasses — these useless items can be used to create energy.

This is possible because in Sweden they have successfully managed to take
this up as a business opportunity; not only could this be profitable, but it
could also reduce the environmental load on our universe.

I believe the energy used to burn these at high heat, outweighs the
benefits of creating this renewable source of energy.”—Howwemadeitinafrica

<https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/profit-making-idea-old-clothes-restyle-
reinvigorate-burn/61411/clothes-600x300/>

Telephone:    <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:    <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AF
QjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw

Blog:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1
&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Twitter:                  @bullsbears2010

LinkedIn:               Bulls n Bears Zimbabwe