Bulls n Bears Entrepreneurship Zone :: Antoinette Stoltz, a South African entrepreneur creating unique bags that celebrate a love of interesting African fabrics

Bulls n Bears bulls at bulls.co.zw
Thu Jan 31 07:00:58 CAT 2019

 <http://www.nedbank.co.zw/>

Everyone loves a great bag, whether it’s a trendy backpack, a practical
shopper, or a fabulous handbag. For Antoinette Stoltz, founder of
accessories company Bobby Yarn, her design inspiration comes from African
nature and culture, and her fabrics are beautifully appealing to the eye and
to the discerning buyer.

LoA chatted to founder Antoinette Stoltz this month to find out more….

What does your company do?

Bobby Yarn manufactures and designs beautiful, bespoke and unique
handcrafted bags. We use proudly South African material to line our bags and
use local material produced in South Africa. We make a variety of bags, tote
bags, beach bags, shopper bags, sling bags, vanity bags, purses, backpacks,
and we have a great kids range of bags. We are a proudly South African
company based in Johannesburg, Northcliff. Bobby Yarn caters for both our
local and International clients.

“The Bobby Yarn brand was born in 2015 when a love for authentic African
design inspirations was translated into a range of affordable and practical
bag designs.”

What inspired you to start your company?

I was retrenched about 2.5 years ago and when I was 7 months pregnant. I
started sewing lessons as a hobby once my last born was born in January
2016. I made a few clothing items but for the love of bags, and being a
bagaholic, I decided to make my own bags. My bag stock was piling up on the
dining room table when one day my husband posted on Facebook and asked if
anyone would like to order one. That evening I received an order for about
10 bags as a friend was sending them over to Australia as proudly South
African gifts, and this is when I decided to make a commercial range of
proudly manufactured and designed South African bags.

Why should anyone use your service or product?

Bobby Yarn bags are made locally, using local materials. Our bags are light
in weight, bright in colour, and we mix and match our proudly South African
fabrics. Our bags represent our country. Our people love them, they are easy
to fold up and take with you when you travel. They are well priced and well
made. We are a NEWBEE proudly South African brand and our bags are lovely
for gifts too.

“By blending modern and contemporary fabric designs with imagery of all
things unique to Africa, Bobby Yarn products have managed to capture the
essence of Africa.”

Tell us a little about your team

Our team at Bobby Yarn consists of myself, Antoinette (owner), and my
amazing, supportive and helpful husband Jason. I have one seamstress at the
moment and I also outsource to a level 1 BEE manufacturing company. I have
several Agents that sell for me and I target Mommies or anyone that needs
extra money.

Share a little about your entrepreneurial journey. And, do you come from an
entrepreneurial background?

My Dad has his own business and always encouraged me to make extra money.
He taught me to buy and sell as a child. However, all my life I have been in
the big corporate world, chasing something I enjoyed doing, but there was
always that feeling  there has got be something better there for me, what is
it?? I like what I do but when someone asks me “do you love what you do?” I
would question myself. I worked as an Executive PA all my life and the year
I turned 40 my path changed. I was 7 months pregnant and was retrenched. It
was devastating ... however, I will never look back and all I can say is I
finally LOVE WHAT I DO. Thank you for retrenching me and pushing me to do
what I never knew was my destiny. It has been a tough and challenging
journey but Oh My has it been exciting. I wake up everyday excited! Every
bag we make I love and cherish and get excited about. I cannot wait to see
our new and own material designs. They are all exquisite. Watch this space

“We make bags from top selling commercial fabrics, as well as custom
designed and printed fabrics meaning we are always producing bags out of
design that no one would have ever thought possible.”

What are your future plans and aspirations for your company?

My future plans for 2019 are to design and print our own BOBBY YARN unique
fabric and get them into more retail stores. My future plan is also to sell
on AMAZON. My future plan is to grow my factory and create jobs in South
Africa. My future plan is to grow my brand, employ more staff and make many
people happy when they purchase a BOBBY YARN Bag - be it LOCAL or
INTERNATIONAL

What gives you the most satisfaction being an entrepreneur?

The most satisfying feeling is being able to be me, being able to love what
I do and to be able to be flexible with you, my family, and my business -
this is called balance!
B A L A N C E is the key word! I simply Love my Family and I Love what I
do! Who knew the 40's midlife crisis journey would be filled with so much
excitement but yet so challenging.

What's the biggest piece of advice you can give to other women looking to
start-up?

The biggest piece of advice I can give to other women is: When the times
are tough, the tears are real, the nights are long, and the path is
challenging - DO NOT GIVE UP! Put your head down, focus and carry on with
your amazing journey you have been given. Think of the good things, the good
times, and the first step you made to get to where you are now.

The other piece of advice I can give is, it is imperative to have someone
supportive, someone that encourages YOU, someone that believes in YOU and
YOUR business/brand, and most of all YOU are the one who determines your
future.

Stay positive and no matter what, DO NOT GIVE UP!

Follow and persevere with your dreams!-- lionessesofafrica.com

Antoinette Stoltz, founder of Bobby Yarn (South Africa)

Telephone:    <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:    <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AF
QjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw

Blog:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1
&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Twitter:                  @bullsbears2010

LinkedIn:               Bulls n Bears Zimbabwe