Entrepreneurship Zone: 21 July 2020: Abueng Leepile, a South African agripreneur providing healthy and delicious vegetables to the country

Bulls n Bears Advertising info at bulls.co.zw
Tue Jul 21 11:07:04 CAT 2020

 <https://www.renaultzimbabwe.com/cars/kwid/index.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=pip&utm_campaign=newsletter-faithcapitalcorp-jul20> South Africa has a long tradition of growing some of the world’s finest fruit and vegetables. In the North West province of the country, agripreneur Abueng Leepile, founder of Bokamoso Abu Farms, is playing her part in the important food production value chain in the country.

Lioness Of Africa (LoA) chatted to founder Abueng this month to learn more.

What does your company do?

Bokamso Abu Farms is an agribusiness growing vegetable crops in Northwest South Africa. We grow a variety of vegetables, including beetroot, butternut, peppers, chilies and onions. The idea behind the business is to provide healthy and delicious vegetables to the public.

What inspired you to start your company?

I read that the average farmer is South Africa is 62 years and in the United States it is 55. That means that within the next 20 years, more than half of all the farmers in South Africa will be too old to work, will be retired, or will be deceased. There is one product that everyone can learn to make that will never ever stop being needed -  FOOD! But, where are the young farmers?

Why should anyone use your service or product?

Because at Bokamso Abu Farms, we produce high quality, nutritional, and flavourful vegetables.

Tell us a little about your team

I have one permanent employee, and on weekends and holidays my grandmother, my parents, and my siblings come to help at the farm. They are the most supportive people in my life and I've never been more grateful for anything. They are simply the best!

Share a little about your entrepreneurial journey. And, do you come from an entrepreneurial background?

I am the Founder and Director of Bokamso Abu Farms and I am the eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs Leepile, with four siblings. I grew up in a village called Madibe Makgabana, and nothing compares to growing up in a village. Getting to work alongside your family, watching the sunrise and sunsets, being surrounded by animals. I grew up around farming and agriculture. Nothing could beat the memories of my upbringing. It’s been over five years since I have started my entrepreneurial journey.

Entrepreneurship can be a tough and long journey, I certainly have experienced some interesting learnings along the way, which has helped me become a better person. What led me to become an entrepreneur is the desire to have full control over my destiny and the opportunity to give back to:
a) support local charity
b) local schools, and non-profit organizations
c) to make a difference in my community  - that is a great feeling!

I am a member of Young African Leaders Initiative Network (YALI), where I seek to improve myself as a businesswoman as well as a business leader. My deep interest is to assist my generation by advancing young people, especially girls, to be their greatest selves.

The support from family is very crucial. Having unconditional support and backing from the family helps one to wade through the initial very tough days until you get the hang of business. it is important to have this balance while you go through restless days and nights and stressful moments.

What are your future plans and aspirations for your company?

To become the best, 100% women-owned company in South Africa, servicing our clients and community with dignity. With the vast experience and competencies, and great work ethic and high quality and excellence, the company is sure to make relevant inroads into various forms of farming and skills development to empower youth and we are intentional in becoming the best role players in this sector. Given the above undertaking, surely our company is earmarked to become a huge success and great force to be reckoned with, and a highly recognized business in South Africa and the entire African continent.

What gives you the most satisfaction being an entrepreneur?

I have full control over my destiny. Nobody will get in the way of my vision.

What's the biggest piece of advice you can give to other women looking to start-up?

Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.

" He who feeds you, controls you" — Thomas Sankara

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:         <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw

Blog:            <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Facebook:      <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBullsBearsZimbabwe&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGhb_A5rp4biV1dGHbgiAhUxQqBXA> www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe