Bulls n Bears Entrepreneurship Zone 20 October 2020: Visa, She Leads Africa partner to empower female entrepreneurs

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Tue Oct 20 06:28:27 CAT 2020

Visa, She Leads Africa partner to empower female entrepreneurs

NAIROBI - Visa has announced its partnership with She Leads Africa - a
leading platform that connects female entrepreneurs with the right
information and tools that they need to create thriving businesses in their
communities.

This partnership forms part of Visa's 'Where you Shop Matters' initiative
which was launched in June. It is an initiative that aims to champion and
enable entrepreneurs across Africa while encouraging consumers to support
small businesses by shopping local.

Women are the backbone of African economies, and according to The Global
Entrepreneurship Monitor Women's Entrepreneurship Report 2018/2019, the
highest rates the total entrepreneurial activity for women are found in
Sub-Saharan Africa (21.8%). Although women are involved in entrepreneurial
activity, women in Sub-Saharan Africa tend to face a much higher likelihood
of business discontinuance than men.

Through the She Leads Africa Spotlight series, Visa will provide a platform
for successful female entrepreneurs, with incredible stories, who will share
their business journeys, especially by transitioning to digital channels, in
a bid to inspire and help upcoming entrepreneurs spread across Africa. The
partnership also includes a This is how I did it series which features
digital marketing experts that will provide women with the tools to advance
their digital businesses.

Visa's initiative is helping to support small businesses through the Visa
Small Business Hub, a merchant platform providing tools and information on
how to start, run and grow small businesses. The platform also features
leading merchants who embody the passion and highlights the entrepreneurship
journey of small businesses across the continent.

"Our partnership with She Leads Africa, will enable us to engage over
700,000 female entrepreneurs across Africa through digital channels and
direct engagements with female owned businesses," said Corine Mbiaketcha,
Visa GM for East Africa.

She also expressed Visa's commitment towards supporting female
entrepreneurs, especially with the current economic realities, and the need
for more collaborations within the ecosystem to drive economic recovery.

"We are so grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with Visa to support
the incredible women in our community with learning and growth
opportunities. Our community is passionate and committed to making an impact
with their businesses and partnering with Visa enables us to share resources
that will help them take it to the next level," added Afua Osei, co-founder
of She Leads Africa.

African women entrepreneurs continue to face myriad challenges ranging from
cultural barriers that require overcoming the narrow classification of
child-bearer and or home manager, to a shortage of role models, inadequate
access to financial assistance and limited educational opportunities.

"There are too many reasons why female-led organizations fail to flourish
and we as Visa are committed to addressing these challenges by partnering
with organizations such as She Leads Africa so that we can empower the next
generation of female African businesses owners with the tools to not only
survive but to thrive," Mbiaketcha concluded.-Visa

Telephone:     <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Cellphone:     <tel:%2B263%2077%20344%201674> +263 77 344 1674

Alt. Email:     <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:       <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com> www.bullszimbabwe.com

Blog:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1