SAA back in the skies, take-off date set for September 23

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Wed Aug 25 17:06:16 CAT 2021

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>

SAA back in the skies, take-off date set for September 23

Johannesburg (August 25, 2021) - The wait is finally over. In just under a
month, the striking and familiar livery of SAA will once again be visible in
the skies as the airline resumes operations. The carrier has confirmed the
first flights will commence on Thursday, 23 of September 2021. Tickets will
go on sale on Thursday, 26 August 2021. Voyager bookings and Travel Credit
Voucher redemption will be available from Monday, 6 September 2021.

Interim CEO Thomas Kgokolo says, "After months of diligent work, we are
delighted that SAA is resuming service and we look forward to welcoming on
board our loyal passengers and flying the South African flag. We continue to
be a safe carrier and adhering to COVID-19 protocols."

SAA will as an initial phase operate flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town,
Accra, Kinshasa, Harare, Lusaka and Maputo. More destinations will be added
to the route network as it ramps up operations in response to market
conditions.

Kgokolo added, "there is a profound feeling of enthusiasm within Team SAA as
we prepare for takeoff, with one common purpose - to rebuild and sustain a
profitable airline that once again takes a leadership role among local,
continental, and international airlines."

Notes Kgokolo, "The aviation sector is currently going through a testing
period, and we are aware of the tough challenges that lie ahead in the
coming weeks. We thank South Africa for the support we have received in
getting us to where we are today. As we are now poised for takeoff, we see
this as a major milestone for SAA and the country."

According to the chairman of the SAA's Board, John Lamola, since the
national carrier came out of business rescue at the end of April 2021, the
Department of Public Enterprises together with the Board and the Management
team have been seized with planning for the relaunching of a restructured
and fit for purpose airline that South Africans can again be proud of. "The
airline is restarting with a formidable business case", says Lamola.

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%2077%20344%201674> +263 77 344 1674 | +27 71 544
4769

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/