Ideas never end: How to grow/raise Start-up capital

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Fri Jul 16 16:12:13 CAT 2021

How to grow/raise Start-up capital

In Africa, some of practical strategies that could generate you start up
capital or growing it in volume are still primitive if we are to compare how
entrepreneurs generate their capital in the western countries. Despite these
methods being backward, they are still effective in our Continent of Africa
and they could really help, in this article, I'm going to share with you my
own experience as well as some data which I have acquired through a wide
range of research techniques.

1. Barter trade.

This is one is known from its contextual meaning as the exchange of goods or
services without the use of money. This method is still effective among
African societies, people are travelling from different angles around
countries to exchange commodities like old western clothes for cereals,
maize, beans and livestock.

This deal only makes sense if allow yourself engage in it, from my own
experience I have realised that exchanging old clothes (Mabhero in Shona
language/ bales old clothes) with beans is such a big deal! All you have to
do is sourcing these bales for a lower price from boarders and travel to
exchange with beans in rural areas. Later on you can sell that beans where
there is high demand.

There is a lot of options to sell these cereals, you can add value to them
through packaging or even branding. In an interview with one of
entrepreneurs I have come across, I have realise that this deal can spin $50
into $300 within a short period of time.

In another way, you can exchange goods for livestock; goats, cattle and
poultry. With livestock you have a number of options, you can decide to
breed or you can open your own butchery. The idea behind this concept is
that, exchanging with commodities is much cheaper than purchasing livestock
with cash, as long as you do have links to access cheap products and
transport them to rural areas.

2. Sourcing products from rural areas.

>From my own case Study analysis, it is possible to access products with
little or no capital from rural areas to urban areas, the only cost that
might be associated is transport cost. For instance firewood, if you could
connect with farm owners who usually clear their lands or mines,  you can
access cheap or free firewood. If could manage to trade firewood in urban
areas, you can grow capital to start your desired business.

In rural areas you can find free land with water to engage in Horticulture
production, as long you are capable of creating relations with local people.
That's what I do for capital generation in all of my projects. You can grow
tomatoes or cabbage and supply it to urban areas.

In areas such as the highlands of Zimbabwe, I have realised that you can
collect sweet mushroom for free in bushes, you can collect sweeping bushes
for free, if you capable of transporting these products where there is need,
you can generate capital to start your dream project.

3. Trading and vending in gold and diamond fields.

There are some of rural areas where people are doing gold panning, you can
supply those people with food, clothes, gadgets such as cellphones, etc for
high prices. From my own experience, I have realised this happening in
Zimbabwe, areas like Kadoma, Chimanimani, Bocha, Inyanga, etc. A lot
entrepreneurs managed to raise required capital through these methods.

According to my theory of growing capital, you should support a large
project with a number of small projects that could quickly generate small
funds which you can reinvest in your main business idea.

Here is the list of rural areas where you can source some cereals and beans,
horticulture products and maize.

§  Chipinge highlands; horticulture produce, maize.

§  Chipinge lowveld; cereals, beans, horticulture produce.

§  Chimanimani; fruits, bananas, avocado, macadamia,

§  Inyanga; timber, horticulture produce.

§  For cattle, goats, Muzarabani, Mushumbi, Mahuwe.

4. Recycling of plastic.

This is one of the ways that could be used by those who wants to generate
capital from stretch, zero capital projects. Plastic recycling is being done
in Africa, in large or small scale, so if you wish to generate small capital
for step one, you can start this project of collecting dumbed plastic
material and supply it to those recycling companies.

I usually recommend entrepreneurs to start with a business plan, so let's
say your main idea is to create an e-commerce company, it's obvious that you
cannot raise all the capital required once, so you must create a series of
small businesses, that is [collecting dumbed plastic material - invest that
money in poultry - invest profits in cabbage farming - keep these two
projects till you reach your desired level capital to invest in e-commerce
solutions].

I have a lot of links with recycling companies in Zimbabwe and South Africa.
Another way you could generate capital with plastic material pertains to
production of plastic bricks, these bricks can be used to for paving and
building supplements. You manufacturer and sell these bricks instead.

5. Learn some crafting skills.

If you are flexible, then you can learn to create some art, promote and sell
it to generate capital. There is wide range of art that you could    do at
profit. Let me start with rattan furniture, you can collect some sisal
material, add value to it and craft furniture like chairs, kitchen
accessories and decorations art.

You can easily do this in farm lands and rural areas where there is a lot of
sisal material and wood. With wood you can craft cooking sticks, wooden
plates, decorating art and carpets. You can travel to exchange these with
beans, cereals and maize.

Source:
https://relief-resources.blogspot.com/2021/07/how-to-growraise-start-up-capi
tal.html

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%2077%20344%201674> +263 77 344 1674 | +27 71 544
4769

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/