Entrepreneurship Zone: 28 June 2021: Meet Shacky, Forbes under 30 Class of 2021

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Mon Jun 28 09:56:01 CAT 2021

 <https://bullszimbabwe.com/>

 <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com/> Bullszimbabwe.com        <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=View%20and%20Comments> Views & Comments        <http://www.bulls.co.zw/blog> Bullish Thoughts        <http://www.twitter.com/BullsBears2010> Twitter         <https://www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe> Facebook           <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bulls-n-bears-zimbabwe/57/577/72> LinkedIn          <https://chat.whatsapp.com/CF6wllAfScU9Wr6dXxoQnO> WhatsApp         <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=Unsubscribe> Unsubscribe

Entrepreneurship Zone:  28 June 2021: Meet Shacky, Forbes under 30 Class of 2021

Those who know Shackmore Wellington Timburwa often liken him to Prophet Emmanuel Makandiwa — the way he walks, speaks and dresses.

No one could have known Timburwa better, who prefers to be simply called Shacky, except, of course, those in his circles, for he likes to do his business quietly.

But when Forbes Africa released their 30  Under 30 list of Africa’s young entrepreneurs, influential creatives, sports personalities and techno savvies, among others, on June 1, Shakcy’s name was there.

He made it into the prestigious list  of thosewho are making a positive change together with fellow Zimbabwean Tendai Kevin Zhou.

Shacky is an entrepreneur, while Zhou is into wedding and events planning.

What caught the eyes of many was that the 29-year-old Shacky even made it to the cover magazine together with Mihlali Ndamase (SouthAfrica), Antonio Depina (Cape Verde), Reinhard Mahalie (Namibia) and Cleo Johnson (South Africa).

According to Forbes Africa, the young people who made the list are “change makers” with one thing in common: A new Covid-19 induced agenda for social change.

Back home, many people were also inquisitive about Shacky, the tall, lanky gentleman who graced the cover of Forbes Africa magazine among four other young people from the continent.

A check on his social media handles shows Shacky commands a huge following.

The Herald on Saturday Lifestyle caught up with Shacky as he explained what it means for him to make it to the Forbes esteemed list.

The major question, it seems, has been how he ended up on the list and if there are any financial benefits that come with the listing.

The magazine can be bought online as the hard copy is still to hit the local market.

“The Covid-19 pandemic posed a unique challenge this year when collating criteria for the nomination process,” the magazine revealed.

“Nominees needed to provide valid evidence of their endeavours”.

Shacky said it was his greatest honour to be listed among Africa’s youthful greats, despite his poor background while growing up.

“I was nominated and Forbes Africa contacted me for the application process and the criteria, which I did and I was successful,” he said.

“I was shocked at first and thought about it three times. It started off being short listed on that local list of 100 Most Influential Young Leaders in Africa by Pan-African Youth Leadership.”

Shacky is the chief executive officer of Energy Plus International, a company that deals with Liquefied Petroleum Gas installations and distribution and solar electric design and installation.

At international level, Energy Plus has worked with Italian-based clean energy consultancy giant, Avant-Garde.

But what does it mean for Timburwa to be nominated on the Forbes list?

“We have been given an opportunity to present the right image of brand Zimbabwe to the whole word,” said Shacky.

How did this all start and where was he born?

“I was born and bred in Mutare, in a family of two,” said Shacky.

“I grew up in a family with strict discipline measures from my mother.

“Back then I had a business mind and I started my company with US$433 from my personal savings, including US$100 from my mother who at first was hesitant, but later said I should try.

“This boosted my confidence as this was my first supporter, a number one fan in my business. I would say that what inspired me to start this business was how trees in my home village were being cut and used as firewood.

“It pained me as this was promoting deforestation. I understood this very well because I was just coming from school and it was one of my visions I had set aside while as a student, to have a clean environment. Then it all began.”

Shacky said somehow the business progressed and he now has a lot of networks that have helped him make it.

“My role model is business mogul Strive Masiyiwa,” he said.

“I like his integrity when doing business. I can’t say I was a lucky person, but I can say I am blessed. I had some few people who mentored me, showed me the road.”

Shacky is fashion conscious as shown by the way he dressed in flowing robes for the shoot of the cover picture of the magazine, for which the organisers engaged prominent designers like Spero Villioti, Sisi Collection, Gert-Johan Coetzee and Port of LNG.

Shacky said if he was not into the gas business, he would have ventured into the fashion world.

“My favourite fashionista, designer and stylists are Robert Graham and William Hunt,” he said.

Shacky added that apart from connections, his secret to success was enduring the boredom of consistency.

With such a physic body fit for a basketball player, Shacky said he doesn’t go to the gym.

“Not that I hate gym, but I hardly find time,” he said.

“I have one at home and if you walk around it everything is still new. But the gym is two years old.

“I keep myself fit by eating a well-balanced diet. I love traditional food, fruits and vegetables, maybe it is because of my background.”

Shacky said his greatest wish is to meet President Mnangagwa.

“Career wise, I wish to connect the whole of Africa to a systematic pipping system of clean energy,” he said.

“I wish to meet President Mnangagwa, have even 10 minutes of his time as I share my story with him in 10 minutes.”

During his spare time, which he says is usually hard to find, Shacky loves travelling.

“I have been to different parts of the world, either in connections with business or family trips,” he said.

“The most frequently visited destination is South Africa.”

Shacky is married to Marina Tatenda and they are blessed with four children.

“My next mission is to be on “The Billion List”.

Currently I am reading, “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari”,” he said in his parting words.

Shakemore ‘Shacky’ Timburwa

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:            <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/bullish-thoughts/> www.bullszimbabwe.com/blog

Facebook:      <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBullsBearsZimbabwe&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGhb_A5rp4biV1dGHbgiAhUxQqBXA> www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe

Skype:         Bulls.Bears

DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared by Bulls ‘n Bears, a division of Faith Capital (Pvt) Ltd for general information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for any securities. The information contained in this report has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty is made or guarantee given as to its accuracy or completeness. All opinions expressed and recommendations made are subject to change without notice. Securities or financial instruments mentioned herein may not be suitable for all investors. Securities of emerging and mid-size growth companies typically involve a higher degree of risk and more volatility than the securities of more established companies. Neither Faith Capital nor any other member of Bulls ‘n Bears nor any other person, accepts any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this report or its contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith. Recipients of this report shall be solely responsible for making their own independent investigation into the business, financial condition and future prospects of any companies referred to in this report. Other  Indices quoted herein are for guideline purposes only and sourced from third parties.

(c) 2021 Web: <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com>  www.bullszimbabwe.com Email:  <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw Tel: +263 4 2927658 Cell: +263 77 344 1674