Entrepreneurship Zone: 10 February 2022 :: Women earn a living from recycling waste

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Thu Feb 10 07:59:22 CAT 2022

 <https://bullszimbabwe.com/>

 <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com/> Bullszimbabwe.com        <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=View%20and%20Comments> Views & Comments        <http://www.bulls.co.zw/blog> Bullish Thoughts        <http://www.twitter.com/BullsBears2010> Twitter         <https://www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe> Facebook           <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bulls-n-bears-zimbabwe/57/577/72> LinkedIn          <https://chat.whatsapp.com/CF6wllAfScU9Wr6dXxoQnO> WhatsApp         <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=Unsubscribe> Unsubscribe

Entrepreneurship Zone: 10 February 2022 :: Women earn a living from recycling waste

 <http://www.zitf.co.zw/>

The Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution Senator Monica Mavhunga said a clean and safe environment attracts investors.

Women in Mashonaland Central are earning a living from recycling waste making items such as pavement bricks, hats, mats and bags as the community takes waste recycling and environmental issues seriously.

Chairperson for Rujeko and Kubatana clubs Mrs Cecilia Kachinda said they are killing two birds with one stone by making the environment clean at the same time making money from the waste.

They are making handbags, purses, hats, pavement bricks and mats from plastic waste.

“We were assisted with a brick moulder for the pavers and we are selling them for 50 US cents each. The price for bags and sun hats range from US$2 to US$5 depending on the size,” she said.

“We are selling our products locally, but need wider markets. We are making nice accessories and we need assistance in marketing our products.

“Both clubs have 20 women and we have waste collection bags in our home. Our waste collection and separation starts in our own homes.”

Mrs Kachinda said the community also separates waste to make it easy for the women to collect. Mrs Josphine Jere who is recycling in Bindura said she is making chairs, tables, brooms, bins and carpet and other things from waste plastic.

“We want these productive initiatives to spread to our youths who are engaging in prostitution and drug abuse,” she said.

The Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution Senator Monica Mavhunga said a clean and safe environment attracts investors.

She urged local authorities to develop environmental action plans in line with the Environmental Management Act.

She applauded Mvurwi Town Council for using devolution funds to establish a standard landfill.

“I am informed that the town council has submitted their environmental impact assessment report for the landfill to Environmental Management Agency,” she said.

“There is a need for everyone to participate in promoting sustainable waste management practices and initiatives. As we move towards achieving Vision 2030, a clean and safe environment attracts investors.

“I encourage institutions and other stakeholders to keep on supporting the local authorities in waste management issues.”

EMA education and publicity officer Mr Maxwell Mupotsa said the focus now was now on rural service centres and waste recycling.

“We are moving beyond the broom and looking into recycling initiatives to promote the livelihoods of people.

“EMA has established waster transfer and separation centres in collaboration with local authorities. In Mvurwi, with the help of Mvurwi Town Council, we established waste transfer centres in Kubatana and Rujeko community-based organisations.

“We are also helping individuals in Shamva and Bindura with transport of the recycled material. We are helping them to meet the demand within communities around the province in ways that assist them to continue recycling.”-The Herald

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:            <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/bullish-thoughts/> www.bullszimbabwe.com/blog

Facebook:      <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBullsBearsZimbabwe&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGhb_A5rp4biV1dGHbgiAhUxQqBXA> www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe

Skype:         Bulls.Bears

DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared by Bulls ‘n Bears, a division of Faith Capital (Pvt) Ltd for general information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for any securities. The information contained in this report has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty is made or guarantee given as to its accuracy or completeness. All opinions expressed and recommendations made are subject to change without notice. Securities or financial instruments mentioned herein may not be suitable for all investors. Securities of emerging and mid-size growth companies typically involve a higher degree of risk and more volatility than the securities of more established companies. Neither Faith Capital nor any other member of Bulls ‘n Bears nor any other person, accepts any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this report or its contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith. Recipients of this report shall be solely responsible for making their own independent investigation into the business, financial condition and future prospects of any companies referred to in this report. Other  Indices quoted herein are for guideline purposes only and sourced from third parties.

(c) 2022 Web: <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com>  www.bullszimbabwe.com Email:  <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw Tel: +263 4 2927658 Cell: +263 77 344 1674