Entrepreneurship Zone: 25 January 2022 :: Salary launches man into business

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Tue Jan 25 09:36:30 CAT 2022

 <https://bullszimbabwe.com/>

 <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com/> Bullszimbabwe.com        <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=View%20and%20Comments> Views & Comments        <http://www.bulls.co.zw/blog> Bullish Thoughts        <http://www.twitter.com/BullsBears2010> Twitter         <https://www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe> Facebook           <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bulls-n-bears-zimbabwe/57/577/72> LinkedIn          <https://chat.whatsapp.com/CF6wllAfScU9Wr6dXxoQnO> WhatsApp         <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=Unsubscribe> Unsubscribe

Entrepreneurship Zone: 25 January 2022 ::  Salary launches man into business

 <http://www.zitf.co.zw/>

A 35-year-old man from Chivi in Masvingo Province, Mr Hardpass Mutema, has broken the belief that people should depend on their salaries for a living.

Using his salary to venture into the informal sector before quitting his job as a police officer in 2019, Mr Mutema who is based in Gwanda, said he now owns a hardware enterprise called Blissful World Investments and is expanding operations across Matabeleland region.

Blissful World Investment has three hardware branches and a furniture shop in Gwanda town and five other branches dotted around Matabeleland South Province including one in Maphisa.

In addition, Mr Mutema has won the Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce (ZNCC) 2021 Rural Businessperson of the Year Award in Matabeleland South Province.

Mr Mutema, who is the managing director of Blissful World Investment Private Limited, a company which is engaged in hardware, building material and furniture supplies said his success story of business is a typical “from rags to riches” story.

“The managing director of the company is just a village boy from Chivi, I grew up in a poor family of 10 with my father passing away when I was just eight years old.

“I attended my primary and secondary school in the village, and I studied my Advanced Level at Mandava Secondary School in Zvishavane”.

Mr Mutema joined the police force in 2007 and after two years of service he started vending until he managed to become the managing director of his dream business.

“In 2007, I joined ZRP and was deployed to Matabeleland South at Gwanda Central Police Station. I started vending after work to supplement my salary in 2009.

“In 2011, I was given space to sell phones in my friend’s shop and after sometime, my friend had challenges in paying rentals and I had to take over the whole shop.

“That was the beginning of formal trading, starting by selling furniture,” he said.

Last year, Blissful World Investments acquired a brick-moulding machine and constructed a hardware which is supposed to be operational before the end of the first quarter this year.

“We also managed to build a 480-square metre hardware shop which we believe should be operational in the first quarter of 2022 and in order to enhance our hardware business, we managed to acquire a brick- moulding machine from China.

“Under our theme of business diversification, we also managed to build a night club at Spitzkop high density area which we also hope will be fully operational in the first quarter of 2022,” he said.

Mr Mutema said their vision is to become a leading retail outlet in Matabeleland South and beyond, providing clients with quality products at affordable prices.

Blissful World Investments presently employs 30 workers across all its branches.

Mr Mutema said like any other Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) in the country, Blissful World Investments, was facing challenges such as lack of capital to boost operations and expand.

“We appeal to the Government to give more financial support to SMEs.

“We also appeal to the Government and councils to avail land to SMEs to construct business shops since rentals are too costly,” he said.

Not leaving out the effects of Covid-19 pandemic, Mr Mutema said lockdowns have affected their business since people were not able to travel and do their shopping as usual.-The Chronicle

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:            <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/bullish-thoughts/> www.bullszimbabwe.com/blog

Facebook:      <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBullsBearsZimbabwe&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGhb_A5rp4biV1dGHbgiAhUxQqBXA> www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe

Skype:         Bulls.Bears

DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared by Bulls ‘n Bears, a division of Faith Capital (Pvt) Ltd for general information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for any securities. The information contained in this report has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty is made or guarantee given as to its accuracy or completeness. All opinions expressed and recommendations made are subject to change without notice. Securities or financial instruments mentioned herein may not be suitable for all investors. Securities of emerging and mid-size growth companies typically involve a higher degree of risk and more volatility than the securities of more established companies. Neither Faith Capital nor any other member of Bulls ‘n Bears nor any other person, accepts any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this report or its contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith. Recipients of this report shall be solely responsible for making their own independent investigation into the business, financial condition and future prospects of any companies referred to in this report. Other  Indices quoted herein are for guideline purposes only and sourced from third parties.

(c) 2022 Web: <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com>  www.bullszimbabwe.com Email:  <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw Tel: +263 4 2927658 Cell: +263 77 344 1674