On A Date with Seedco International (SCIL)

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Wed Mar 2 00:37:41 CAT 2022

On A Date with Seedco International (SCIL)

Dating is a critical stage to any investor considering to take a position on any asset class even shares.

 <mailto:bulls at bullszimbabwe.com>

#1. History

Born on the 7th of July 2000 in Botswana by Seedco Zimbabwe my parent.

Became independent from my parent on the 9th of August 2018.

Independence gave me a separate listing as Seedco International.

Listed on @ <https://twitter.com/TheOfficialBSE> TheOfficialBSE   and  @ <https://twitter.com/VFEX_ZW> VFEX_ZW

#2. Interests

I am a certified seed company  involved in,

1. Breeding

2. Multiplication and

3. Distribution of mainly hybrid seed varieties of,

Maize, wheat, soyabeans, sugarbeans, cowpeas, sorghum, groundnuts and vegetables

#3. Operations

I own seed businesses under the Seed Co brand in Africa except Zimbabwe.

My footprint is in the following countries,

Zambia                                        Kenya                      Malawi                               Tanzania

Nigeria                                        SA                           Botswana                               Rwanda

DRC                                             Swaziland                Ethiopia                               Lesotho

Burundi                                       Uganda                   Angola                               Mozambique

Seedco Zambia

Leading operation, contributing the largest share of revenue.

2 research stations in Mpongwe district and Lusaka.

1 centralised processing factory in Lusaka,

8 depots located strategically and supported by a network of approved stockists.

Seedco Kenya, Malawi and Tanzania

Operates as Agri-Seed Co in Kenya with a seed drying and processing plant in Kitale

In Malawi I have a production plant in Lilongwe.

2 processing plants are run in Tanzania. These serve the distribution depots

Partnerships - Prime Seeds

I own 51% of Prime Seed Co International a joint venture with HM Clause.

HM Clause is an affiliate of Limagrain, through this venture I have expanded my offering to include the production and distribution of vegetable seeds

Partnerships - African Seed Co

I have a 50% shareholding in a joint venture company African Seed Co Ghana.

The plan of the business is to expand into 13 french speaking countries in West and Central Africa.

Yellow maize predominant this market.

Partnerships - Limagrain Zaad

20% stake in Limagrain Zaad South Africa.

A merger of the commercial arms of Seedco SA, Linkseed and Klein Karoo (K2).

The purpose of the merger is to build critical mass to compete with strong players

#4. Competitors,

Seed business is dominated by big multinational companies.

I am aligned to Limagrain a French based entity.

The following are key rivals in our markets

1. Bayer

2. Syngenta

3. Corteva

4. Pannar

5. Zamseed

6. Stewards Globe

#5. Customers

- Governments

- Farmers

- Non Government Organizations (NGOs)

#6. Shareholding

Seedco Zimbabwe (SCL) retained 27.3% in me.

I had planned to buyout my parent but authorities denied the plan.

Vilmorin & Cie SA holds 32.2% of me.

This entity is owned by Limagrain, the largest plant breeding and seed company in EU.

#7. Share Price

I have a primary listing on the Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE)

Trading at P2.70

A secondary listing on the Victoria Falls Stock Exchange (VFEX)

Trading at US$0.28

VFEX Market Cap US$103,908,288

YTD Return -0.18%

Share Price USc28

#8. Try me investor,

1. The largest grower scheme in seed business in Africa.

2. The most extensive network of farmers, infrastructure, resources, geographical reach and know how.

3. Supported by a global player (Limagrain) to expand and dominate Africa.

Each week will be on a DATE with a company listed on the ZSE with Martin Mataga Twitter @MartinMataga.

The purpose of this thread is to assist investors to have a minimum appreciation of listed firms.

Disclaimer: Do not misconstrue this thread as investment advice. DATE companies before you buy their shares.

WhatsApp:     +27 71 544 4769

Mobile/Voice:   <tel:%2B263%2077%20344%201674> +263 77 344 1674

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:        www.bullszimbabwe.com <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com>

Blog:              <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Facebook:       <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBullsBearsZimbabwe&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGhb_A5rp4biV1dGHbgiAhUxQqBXA> www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe