Entrepreneurship Zone: 17 August 2020: Bulawayo entrepreneur eyes food and juice

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Mon Aug 17 04:50:57 CAT 2020

 <http://www.bulls.co.zw/> Bulls.co.zw
<mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=View%20and%20Comments> Views & Comments
<http://www.bulls.co.zw/blog> Bullish Thoughts
<http://www.twitter.com/BullsBears2010> Twitter
<https://www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe> Facebook
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bulls-n-bears-zimbabwe/57/577/72> LinkedIn
<https://chat.whatsapp.com/CF6wllAfScU9Wr6dXxoQnO> WhatsApp

Entrepreneurship Zone: 17 August 2020: Bulawayo entrepreneur eyes food and
juice

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>

A BULAWAYO-based entrepreneur, Ms Providence Moyo has diversified into
nutritional food and beverage manufacturing by establishing a series of
edible brands derived from indigenous African trees at a time when the
global demand for nutritional supplements is high, owing to the Covid-19
disease.

The range of nourishment products, which are mostly extracts from the Baobab
tree have so far been a hit on local retail markets, with the now Devine Pro
Baobab juice being earmarked for the regional market. From the baobab tree,
Ms Moyo has also managed to make powdered supplements and a coffee brand.

Buoyed by the ample time she had under the Covid-19 induced lockdown, Ms
Moyo came up with the idea to do natural supplement to help people with
chronic diseases and those in need to boost their immune system. Known for
being a pioneering skin care product line, Devine Pro Skin Care, Ms Moyo
told Sunday Business that she decided to diversify her portfolio after
realising how much people are in need of edible natural supplements.

Ms Moyo said in producing the Devine Pro Baobab juice, she had in mind a
ready consumer market that is faced with difficulties of getting healthy
beverages that are based from indigenous trees.

“There was a need to make a quality product and at the same time, one that
is organic. So we settled for the Baobab juice and powder extracts,” said Ms
Moyo.

She said the concept was mooted in 2017 but came to fruition this year
during the lockdown.

“I had this idea for the Baobab juice three years ago. In 2019 I bought a
food mixer. Together with my microbiologist we formulated the ingredients
and came out with the new product. Serious business really began during the
initial Covid-19 lockdown when we began to supply local retail shops in the
City of Bulawayo.”

She said for now her emerging enterprise can produce 300 bottles per week
but was in the process of buying equipment that will produce up to 200
litres per hour.

Ms Moyo said she saw her new product as complementing her already
flourishing skin care business.

Plans to distribute the new product to regional markets were put on hold
owing to the closure of national borders.

Markets in Europe, Middle East and the United States are one of the leading
buyers of Baobab tree edibles, as statistics from the ZimTrade
show.-sundaynews.co.zw

Ms Prudence Moyo

Date & Time

Lafarge

AGM

Virtual

18 August 2020  | 12pm

Companies under Cautionary

Bindura Nickel Corporation

Padenga Holdings

Delta Corporation

Meikles Limited

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>

DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared by Bulls ‘n Bears, a division of
Faith Capital (Pvt) Ltd for general information purposes only and does not
constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or
subscribe for any securities. The information contained in this report has
been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or
warranty is made or guarantee given as to its accuracy or completeness. All
opinions expressed and recommendations made are subject to change without
notice. Securities or financial instruments mentioned herein may not be
suitable for all investors. Securities of emerging and mid-size growth
companies typically involve a higher degree of risk and more volatility than
the securities of more established companies. Neither Faith Capital nor any
other member of Bulls ‘n Bears nor any other person, accepts any liability
whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this report or its
contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith. Recipients of this
report shall be solely responsible for making their own independent
investigation into the business, financial condition and future prospects of
any companies referred to in this report. Other  Indices quoted herein are
for guideline purposes only and sourced from third parties.

(c) 2020 Web: <http:// www.bulls.co.zw >  www.bulls.co.zw Email:
<mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw Tel: +263 4 2927658 Cell: +263 77
344 1674

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AF
QjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw