Entrepreneurship Zone: 27 March 2020: Lindiwe Mafavuneh, a Botswana based entrepreneur on a mission to help companies to manage their risk and maximize their investments

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Fri Mar 27 03:58:41 CAT 2020

Every company and organization needs to manage its risk profile whilst at the same time maximizing its ability to drive business success, but it’s a fine balancing act. For many, specilalist help and advice is needed to get that balance right, and that’s where LCM Capital has found its niche, thanks to founder Lindiwe Mafavuneh.

 LoA chatted to the passionate financial entrepreneur, Lindiwe Mafavuneh, to find out more about her vision for her business in Botswana.

What does your company do?

LCM Capital is an Investment Management Company with a diverse focus on alternative investments, risk management solutions and advisory services. We strive to build risk tolerance within companies, review asset allocation and develop comprehensive short and long-term risk forecasts and strategies. Our drive is to deliver high quality risk analysis services, and to maximise investment portfolio performance.

"I was inspired by the Africa on the rise narrative and decided the time was ripe to contribute to the development of my Country and the rest of the Continent."

What inspired you to start your company?

I took the leap of faith and relocated to Botswana a year ago after 18 years living and working abroad in the USA and Ireland. I was inspired by the Africa on the rise narrative and decided the time was ripe to contribute to the development of my Country and the rest of the Continent. I have always been haunted by the dream of owning my own Company especially being at the heart of the Start Up culture in Ireland. During my tenure with a local Company I traveled within the country and recognized a market opportunity to provide Alternative Investment Management Services to Botswana market, an Industry that is still at an infancy stage. A short stint with the local Company inspired me to finally dive into entrepreneurship and start my Company.

Why should anyone use your service or product?

Alternative Investments have attracted a growing amount of interest from Investors over recent years as they continue to outperform traditional investments. LCM Capital offers Investors the opportunity to share in the returns, while substantially removing the hurdles that have traditionally limited investor access to rewarding asset classes. Through our unique structure, focused investment guidelines, systematic and rigorous investee company selection criteria and its highly experienced Investment Professionals, LCM Capital is confident on delivering superior absolute returns to Investors that may join the fund in the near future. We also believe in the financial inclusion of the marginalized, therefore our Company also offers Fintech Solutions to our Clients. The fintech space is at its infancy in Botswana, therefore we are aggressively doing research and building strategic partnerships to tap into the area.

"Our drive is to deliver high quality risk analysis services, and to maximise investment portfolio performance."

Tell us a little about your team

The Company is gradually building traction in the local market, therefore I am currently wearing many hats in the overall operations and management of the Company. I outsource marketing functions on an ad hoc and need basis. I believe in strategic partnerships, therefore I have an Experienced Private Equity Partner based in South Africa.

Share a little about your entrepreneurial journey. And, do you come from an entrepreneurial background?

I discovered my entrepreneurial flair while studying and living in America. I believe that we are responsible for creating our own opportunities therefore I take full ownership in hunting for new ideas and developments. Coming from a non-entrepreneurial background meant I had to work very hard to shake off limiting beliefs that the ultimate career success is a corner office. I am naturally a risk taker and this has been a gift and blessing that have allowed me to live in three continents. My resilience muscle has been stretched since the beginning of my entrepreneur journey early this year. The past six months has been a steep learning curve with many lessons learnt. I went from being a Head of Risk Management, specializing in one area to a jack of all trades which has allowed me to tap into my creative skills. I ensure I celebrate the small wins along the way to keep the momentum. The biggest hurdle has been moving up the hill to the growth phase.

"The fintech space is at its infancy in Botswana, therefore we are aggressively doing research and building strategic partnerships to tap into the area."

What are your future plans and aspirations for your company?

My vision is to establish LCM capital as the first Alternative Investment Manager in Botswana using Fintech Solutions. Artificial Intelligence is the new normal which offers efficiency and competitive advantage to early adopters. Therefore, I want my Company at the forefront of these developments in order to provide superior returns and exceptional Client service.

What gives you the most satisfaction being an entrepreneur?

I love that I get a chance to be a jack of all trades and tap into my creative side. Putting all the pieces together and the possibility of reaching the impossible dream and leaving a legacy keeps me alert and alive. My contribution back to Botswana through the developments that I will bring will be more than satisfactory.

What's the biggest piece of advice you can give to other women looking to start-up?

"I ensure I celebrate the small wins along the way to keep the momentum."

Passion plus Purpose will be your fuel for a long time, so let the vision move you to your end goal. Have faith and stay focused and remember to always keep your eyes on your desired outcome. The start-up journey is not for the faint hearted, have grit and believe anything is possible. –lionessesofafrica.com

Lindiwe Mafavuneh, founder of LCM Capital (Botswana)

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:         <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH8LYgdY55h-XKseuM8Kpr-JKdfhQ> www.bulls.co.zw

Blog:            <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bulls.co.zw%2Fblog&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFoIy6F9IXAiYnSoPSgWDYsr8Sqtw> www.bulls.co.zw/blog

Facebook:      <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBullsBearsZimbabwe&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGhb_A5rp4biV1dGHbgiAhUxQqBXA> www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe