Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday morning Inspiration with Gerald Chinogara

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Tue Nov 10 08:11:41 CAT 2020

Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday morning Inspiration with Gerald
Chinogara

Normal life. Don't we all miss getting on with our lives just the way things
used to be before the pandemic? Simple things like visiting family, going
out to eat, going to church, going to work or school without worry or fear.
These are things that we once took for granted. We are now doing some of
these activities adhering to set health restrictions and guidelines to
ensure our safety. Will we ever be able to return to our normal routine?

At a personal level it has now dawned on me  that as much as we think that
we have covid-19 figure out, its okay to admit that we don't. However, that
shouldn't make us throw our hands in the air in despair and give up on life.
Allow me to make reference to Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord
shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they
shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." God is using the
eagle to teach us powerful life lessons that will guarantee us victory
despite the challenges that we might be facing. The eagle has several
amazing attributes which we can learn from.

Eagles are full of life and at about the age of thirty, the eagle has to go
through a very painful revitalization process to re-energize itself with a
new lease of life. When the eagles reach the age of 30, their physical body
condition deteriorates fast making it difficult for them to survive. The
feathers will be heavy, the talons and beak become  blunt, making it
difficult to catch prey. At this point, since it is a phenomenal
characteristic of an eagle that it never gives up living, instead it
retreats to a mountain top and over a five month period goes through a
metamorphosis. It knocks off its own beak by banging it against a rock and
waits for a new beak to grow. It then plucks out its talons and  feathers
with the new beak. Each stage produces a re-growth of the removed body
parts, allowing the eagle to live for another 30 - 40 years.

There are times in our life similar to what we are currently going through
that we must deeply reflect and take audit of our life. The good and the bad
experiences we have been through this pandemic.  We too must go through a
similar transformation to let go of what is now slowing us down and embrace
that which will keep us relevant as we adjusr to the new normal. This is the
time that everyone has to be honest with yourself. What are the new skills
you will need to acquire and areas you will have to improve to survive.
Success in the new normal comes to those who know themselves; their
strengths, their values, and how best to adapt. Covid has ushered us into an
economic order where rewards will be determined by our results and
contribution not activity. The responsibility is upon your shoulders to
adapt or watch yourself slowly lose significance; the choice is yours. Next
week I will continue to share life transforming lessons drawn from the
attributes of an eagle.

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/

Skype:           Bulls.Bears