Coronavirus Global Updates, Feb 27 :::: Global COVID-19 cases top 112.2 million as deaths exceed 2.49 million: WHO

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Sat Feb 27 08:23:14 CAT 2021

 <https://bullszimbabwe.com/>

 <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com> Bullszimbabwe.com         <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=View%20and%20Comments> Views & Comments        <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/bullish-thoughts/> Bullish Thoughts        <http://www.twitter.com/BullsBears2010> Twitter         <https://www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe> Facebook           <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bulls-n-bears-zimbabwe/57/577/72> LinkedIn          <https://chat.whatsapp.com/CF6wllAfScU9Wr6dXxoQnO> WhatsApp         <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=Unsubscribe> Unsubscribe

Coronavirus Global Updates, Feb 27 :::: Global COVID-19 cases top 112.2 million as deaths exceed 2.49 million: WHO

 <https://www.facebook.com/Hyundaizimbabwe/>

Zimbabwe COVID19 Update

COVID-19 update: As at 26 February 2021, Zimbabwe had 36 044 confirmed cases, including 32 529 recoveries and 1 463 deaths.

Global COVID-19 cases top 112.2 million as deaths exceed 2.49 million: WHO

The global case count reached 112 209 815 with a total of 2 490 776 deaths worldwide

The global cumulative COVID-19 cases had exceeded 112.2 million, with the total related fatalities surpassing 2.49 million, according to data released by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on Thursday.

The global case count reached 112 209 815 with a total of 2 490 776 deaths worldwide, the WHO data showed.

The total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States surpassed 28.4 million infections, with over 508 000 deaths as of Thursday, according to the Centre for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.

The total case count rose to 28 409 036 infections, with 508 088 deaths as of Thursday, according to the CSSE tally.

US President Joe Biden leads the country to mourn US COVID-19 deaths:

Nearly 2 000 infection cases of coronavirus variants have been reported in the US, according to the latest data of the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

As of Tuesday, the CDC had identified nearly 1 881 cases of the B.1.1.7, which was originally detected in Britain, in 45 states; 46 cases of B.1.351, which was first identified in South Africa, in 14 states; and five cases of the P.1 variant, initially detected in Brazil, in four states.

Modeling data suggest that B.1.1.7 could become the predominant variant in the US in March, according to the CDC.

Concerns new UK, SA, Brazil COVID-19 strains could be more contagious:

India’s COVID-19 tally rose to 11 063 491 on Friday as 16 577 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, said the latest data from the federal health ministry.

According to the official data, the death toll mounted to 156 825 as 120 COVID-19 patients died since Thursday morning.

There are still 155 986 active cases in the country. Of the confirmed cases, 74.6% were found in Maharashtra, a state in the western peninsular region of India, and Kerala on the southwestern Malabar Coast of India.

Brazil registered 1 541 deaths from COVID-19 in the previous 24 hours, raising the death toll to 251 498, the Ministry of Health reported on Thursday. The ministry also reported 65 998 more cases, bringing the national count to 10 390 461.

Another 9 985 people in Britain had tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases in the country to 4 154 562, according to official figures released Thursday. The country also reported another 323 coronavirus-related deaths.

The total number of coronavirus-related deaths in Britain now stands at 122 070. These figures only include the deaths of people who died within 28 days of their first positive test.

The latest figures were revealed as more than 18.6 million people in Britain have been given the first jab of the coronavirus vaccine.

Earlier Thursday, Britain’s COVID-19 alert level was downgraded with the decline in the massive pressure on the National Health System (NHS).

Britain’s chief medical officers said Thursday that the coronavirus alert level should move from Five to Four, which means that transmission is now “high or rising exponentially.”

The COVID-19 vaccine rollout in the UK hailed as the best:

France on Thursday confirmed 25 403 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the cumulative number of COVID-19 infections to 3 686 813. Some 85 582 patients have lost their lives so far, after 261 more succumbed to the virus in a single day.

>From 16 – 22 February, the positive rate of nuclei acid tests in the country rose to 6.9%.

Spain reported 3 350 new cases of the novel coronavirus in a 24-hour period, bringing the country’s tally since the start of the pandemic to 3 180 212, the Health Ministry said Thursday, adding that the country has so far lost 68 813 people to the coronavirus.

Italy on Thursday reported 308 COVID-19 deaths, pushing the death toll to 96 974 since the pandemic outbreak. The Ministry of Health also reported 19 886 new coronavirus cases in the previous day, lifting the total number to 2 868 435.

In a report to parliament on Wednesday, Health Minister Roberto Speranza warned lawmakers that restrictions must remain in place.

“In Europe, we are heading to the threshold of one infected person in every ten inhabitants, and we are at one fatality per 530 inhabitants,” Speranza said, adding that these numbers are a testament to “the strength and dangerousness of the virus we are fighting.”

Speranza noted that the government led by Prime Minister Mario Draghi is at work on a new anti-coronavirus decree, which “will go into effect from March 6 to April 6.”

This means Italians will not be able to travel across regional borders on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, which this year fall on  4 and 5 April.

Argentina registered 8 234 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the national tally to 2 093 645, the health ministry said. The ministry also reported 145 more deaths from the pandemic, taking the nationwide death toll to 51 795.

SA cases

South Africa now has 1 509 124 cumulative COVID-19 infections up till Thursday, with 1 676 new cases reported during the past 24 hours. The country lost 144 more people to the disease, raising the total to 49 667.

The country had carried out nearly nine million COVID-19 tests, with 31 862 completed on Thursday.

Manitoba reports 1 coronavirus death, 64 new cases Friday

Another Manitoban with COVID-19 has died and 64 new cases of the virus have been identified across the province, health officials say.

The latest victim, a man in his 70s from the Southern Health region, brings the province’s total number of deaths connected to COVID-19 to 889.

Twenty-six of the new cases were found in Winnipeg, two came from the Southern Health region, 33 were identified in the Northern Health region, and three were reported in the Interlake-Eastern Health region. No new cases were reported in the Prairie Mountain Health region.

Overnight COVID-19 climb to 521 in B.C. with seven more deaths

British Columbia reported 521 new cases of COVID-19 in its last update of the month on Friday, along with seven additional deaths.

The total, revised Friday afternoon on the BC Centre for Disease Control website, was 68 fewer than reported in a joint statement from health officials earlier in the day, a discrepancy they attributed of delayed updates in the lab reporting system.

The province had 4,665 active cases, while the number of people isolating grew to 8,040.

Saskatchewan coronavirus hospitalizations down to 155, 153 new infections

Saskatchewan’s coronavirus-related death toll remained at 380 with none reported in the provincial government’s daily update.

According to the government on Friday, there were 153 new cases with the overall infection total in Saskatchewan now at 28,344. The new seven-day average of daily cases is up slightly to 156.

The province’s hospitals are currently providing care for 155 patients with COVID-19 — 139 are receiving inpatient care and 16 are in intensive care. This is the lowest number of reported hospitalizations since Jan. 3, when it was 152.

Active cases, which are total cases minus recoveries and deaths, now sit at 1,510 in Saskatchewan, according to the press release.

The number of people who have recovered from the virus has grown to a total of 26,454 following 136 more recoveries, provincial health officials said.

According to the press release, 3,079 COVID-19 tests were performed on Thursday. To date, 571,393 tests have been carried out in the province.

A total of 22,485 second doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Saskatchewan, provincial government officials said.

Quebec logs 815 new coronavirus cases, 11 deaths as hospitalizations continue to drop

Quebec is reporting 815 new cases and 11 additional deaths tied to the COVID-19 health crisis Friday.

Eight of those deaths occurred between Feb. 19 and 24 while three fatalities attributable to the novel coronavirus took place earlier in the month. Health authorities say no deaths took place within the past 24 hours.

More than half the new infections reported Friday were in Montreal, where all positive cases are being screened to identify more transmissible variants of the virus.

The number of presumptive variant cases in Quebec stand at 874, up from 772 the previous day. The number of confirmed variant cases remains at 34, including 30 of the B.1.1.7 variant first detected in the United Kingdom.

Over the course of the pandemic, the province has seen a total of 286,145 cases and the death toll, which remains the highest in the country, stands at 10,372. The number of recoveries has reached 267,885.

India cases at 11,079,094; global tally nears 114 million
Coronavirus live updates: Most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,130,000), Kerala (1,052,000), Karnataka (950,207) and Andhra Pradesh (889,585). Stay tuned for corona-related news

Coronavirus live updates: India's count of active cases has jumped to 160,985. On Friday, the country registered 16,056 fresh Covid-19 cases, taking its the caseload tally to 11,079,094. India continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 13th among worst-hit nations by active cases. The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,130,000), Kerala (1,052,000), Karnataka (950,207), Andhra Pradesh (889,585), and Tamil Nadu (850,577).

India is gearing up to vaccinate people above 60 years of age and those over 45 years with comorbidities against Covid-19 from March 1. The Union Health Ministry on Friday said the facility of on-site registrations will be available so that eligible beneficiaries can walk into identified vaccination centres, get themselves registered and get inoculated.

World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe with 113,966,328 infected by the deadly contagion. While 89,524,743 have recovered, 2,528,160 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 29,134,796, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.

Need to maintain caution to overcome pandemic: Home Secy to states, UTs

After extending Covid-19 guidelines till March 31, Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla on Friday wrote to all states and Union Territories and said there is a need for maintaining caution and strict surveillance to fully overcome the pandemic.

Urging the officials to ensure the compliance of the guidelines, Bhalla said, "All activities have been permitted, subject to following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), issued by respective administrative Ministry and Department as well as the SOPs which are to be issued by the States and UTs."

India to send second batch of medicines to Palestine as Covid-19 assistance

Noting the fact that pandemic's impact on the people of Gaza has been particularly severe due to fragile healthcare infrastructure, India on Saturday assured Palestine of providing the second batch of medicines and also facilitate an early supply of vaccines to Palestine as Covid-19 assistance, said Nagaraj Naidu, Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of India's Mission at UNSC on Saturday.

"We are in the process of sending the second batch of medicines as a grant to the Palestinian people in the coming weeks. We will also facilitate an early supply of vaccines to Palestine," he said at the UN.

Coronavirus in India: Summary of MoHFW data (February 27)

Active cases: 159,590 (Net addition: 3,604)

Deaths: 156,938 (Net increase: 113)

Cured: 10,763,451 (Net increase: 12,771)

Total cases: 11,079,979 (Net increase: 16,488)

Total vaccination: 14,42,547 (Increase over previous day: 769,904)

Goa CM says he's monitoring situation closely following rise in Covid cases

Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Friday took cognizance of the rising number of COVID-19 cases and assured that he is monitoring the situation closely.

"The rising COVID-19 cases is a cause of concern. Our government is monitoring the situation closely. I request the citizens to not fall prey to rumours of lockdown," said Goa CM.

Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine on track for US emergency approval

US regulators are working "rapidly" to finalise emergency use authorisation for a Johnson & Johnson vaccine which is on track to become America's third shot against the coronavirus pandemic which has killed 509,000 people in the last 12 months alone - the country's deadliest year.

India beats China at its own game in Covid-19 vaccine diplomacy

India’s huge capacity to make coronavirus vaccines is helping the country take on China in the battle to gain political influence across the developing world.

Competition among poorer nations to get cheap or free vaccines to fight the pandemic had given China a golden chance to strengthen ties in emerging markets it has been courting for years. And initially Beijing seemed in a strong position. It suppressed the domestic spread of Covid-19 last year and accelerated the production of shots.

Date & Time

Companies under Cautionary

ART

PPC

Dairibord

Starafrica

Fidelity

Turnall

Medtech

Zimre

Nampak Zimbabwe

DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared by Bulls ‘n Bears, a division of Faith Capital (Pvt) Ltd for general information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for any securities. The information contained in this report has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty is made or guarantee given as to its accuracy or completeness. All opinions expressed and recommendations made are subject to change without notice. Securities or financial instruments mentioned herein may not be suitable for all investors. Securities of emerging and mid-size growth companies typically involve a higher degree of risk and more volatility than the securities of more established companies. Neither Faith Capital nor any other member of Bulls ‘n Bears nor any other person, accepts any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this report or its contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith. Recipients of this report shall be solely responsible for making their own independent investigation into the business, financial condition and future prospects of any companies referred to in this report. Other  Indices quoted herein are for guideline purposes only and sourced from third parties.

(c) 2021 Web: <http:// www.bullszimbabwe.com >  www.bullszimbabwe.com Email:  <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw Tel: +263 4 2927658 Cell: +263 77 344 1674