Coronavirus Global Updates 10 June ::: Moderna Seeks Vaccination for Teens; Man Dies of Covid After Astra Jabs

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Thu Jun 10 16:41:26 CAT 2021

 <https://bullszimbabwe.com/>

 <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com> Bullszimbabwe.com         <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=View%20and%20Comments> Views & Comments        <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/bullish-thoughts/> Bullish Thoughts        <http://www.twitter.com/BullsBears2010> Twitter         <https://www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe> Facebook           <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bulls-n-bears-zimbabwe/57/577/72> LinkedIn          <https://chat.whatsapp.com/CF6wllAfScU9Wr6dXxoQnO> WhatsApp         <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=Unsubscribe> Unsubscribe

Coronavirus Global Updates 10 June :::  Moderna Seeks Vaccination for Teens; Man Dies of Covid After Astra Jabs

 <https://www.facebook.com/Hyundaizimbabwe/>

Zimbabwe COVID19 Update

COVID-19 update: As at 09June 2021, Zimbabwe had 39 432 confirmed cases, including 36 917 recoveries and 1 622 deaths. To date, a total of 689 920 people have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

Moderna Seeks Vaccination for Teens; G-7 Plan: Virus Update

U.S. President Joe Biden is preparing to join other Group of Seven leaders in a campaign to  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/biden-g-7-leaders-plot-global-vaccination-surge-to-end-pandemic> end the Covid-19 pandemic by distributing at least 1 billion extra shots to poorer nations by late next year. Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE will provide 500 million doses at no profit.

Moderna Inc.  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/moderna-files-for-clearance-of-covid-vaccine-in-adolescents> filed for U.S. emergency-use authorization of its Covid-19 vaccine in adolescents, a move that would further expand access to the inoculation.

Singapore will ease social distancing rules after stemming an outbreak with aggressive curbs. India reported a record daily Covid-19 death toll after a state revised its tally.

Japan May Lift Tokyo Emergency
The Japanese government is considering  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUHMMXDWRGG0> lifting a Covid-related state of emergency in most areas, including Tokyo and Osaka, as planned on June 20, the Mainichi newspaper reported, without citing how it got the information.

The government may maintain strict virus measures for about a month until the Tokyo Olympics kicks off, on July 23, even after the state of emergency is lifted. An official decision will be made in the second half of next week.

Delta Variant in 91% of U.K. Cases
U.K. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said on Thursday the Delta variant, first identified in India, accounts for 91% of new cases in the country.

Earlier, a U.K. study showed cases have  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUHD1LDWLU68> more than doubled in the past week. The data comes less than a week before Prime Minister Boris Johnson is due to decide whether to further ease lockdown rules. Cases are higher and increasing faster in the unvaccinated population, according to the study.

Man Dies of Covid After Astra Jabs
A man who had  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUHM32DWLU6D> received two doses of a version of AstraZeneca Plc’s vaccine died of the disease in Seychelles on Thursday, according to Jude Gedeon, the public health commissioner of the island nation.

The person didn’t have previous health conditions, Gedeon told reporters, without giving the patient’s age. The country has used Sinopharm and Covishield, a version of the AstraZeneca shot made under license in India, for almost all of its vaccinations. Covishield had been allocated to people over 60 years of age in Seychelles.

Moderna Files for Teens Clearance
Moderna Inc.  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/moderna-files-for-clearance-of-covid-vaccine-in-adolescents> filed for U.S. emergency-use authorization of its Covid-19 vaccine in adolescents. If approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, it would be the second vaccine approved for this age group after Pfizer and BioNTech received authorization for use of their shot in teens in May.

Both vaccines are now being studied in younger children.

WHO Urges ‘Massive Effort’ for Africa
African nations  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/who-urges-massive-effort-to-extend-vaccine-access-in-africa> need to secure at least 225 million coronavirus vaccine doses by September to meet a global goal of inoculating at least 10% of the continent’s population, a World Health Organization official said.

“This will really require a massive effort as our early projections indicate that without a significant boost in the availability of vaccines, only seven African countries will achieve this goal,” WHO Regional Director for Africa Matshidiso Moeti said in an online briefing on Thursday.

Earlier, the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention said the continent is heading for third wave, with the number of new cases rising 26% in the week through June 6.

Goldman U.S. Workers to Report Vaccine Status
Goldman Sachs  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUHH1ODWRGG2> employees in the U.S. have to report their vaccination status by noon Thursday, the New York Times’s DealBook reports, citing a memo sent to employees this week who have not yet communicated their status.

Bankers won’t have to show proof of vaccination but will be asked to provide the date they received shots and the maker of the vaccine.

U.K.’s Hancock Defends Pandemic Response
U.K. ‘s Hancock defended his response to the coronavirus pandemic, rejecting allegations from Boris Johnson’s former aide Dominic Cummings that he made crucial mistakes over care homes.

Hancock told members of Parliament he acted with “honesty and integrity” throughout the crisis, and denied Cummings’s claims that he lied to Johnson about testing people being moved into care homes -- one of the most controversial aspects of the government’s early handling of the pandemic. The U.K. has recorded more than 127,000 deaths so far.

Iran Tops 3 Million Cases
Iran’s total number of coronavirus cases rose above 3 million on Thursday, just over a week before the June 18 presidential election. Daily reported cases increased by 28% from the previous week to 12,398.

The country has the worst official death count in the Middle East, rising by 153 to 81,672.

Hong Kong, Singapore to Review Travel Bubble
Hong Kong and Singapore will review early next month the target launch date of a quarantine-free air travel bubble, the Hong Kong government said in a statement.

Meanwhile, children in Hong Kong aged 12-15 may make  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUH60YDWLU6H> bookings for BioNTech’s vaccination from Friday, Secretary for the Civil Service Patrick Nip told reports. The campaign to inoculate them will start June 14.

Singapore to Relax Rules in Stages
Singapore will  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/singapore-to-relax-covid-rules-in-stages-as-virus-cases-dwindle> increase group gathering sizes and allow dining-in at food outlets to resume after restrictions over the past month stemmed an outbreak in infections, the health ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

What Next?

Singapore's virus rules bring down local cases

>From June 14, group sizes will be raised to five from two persons, while operating capacities of attractions, events and cruises will be increased to 50% from 25%. From June 21, dining-in at restaurants can resume, as well as live performances and gym classes. For companies however, work-from-home remains the default arrangement.

AXA Seeks French Restaurant Settlement
AXA SA has  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/axa-offers-angry-french-restaurants-365-million-for-covid-costs> offered to pay 300 million euros ($365 million) to French restaurant owners that were forced to shut during the pandemic as it tries to move on from a year of public backlash and legal challenges.

The French insurer is seeking to settle with about 15,000 restaurant clients after initially disputing what their policies covered during a pandemic.

South Africa Cases Rise the Most Since January
New confirmed cases in South Africa surged by 8,881 on June 9, the  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-09/south-african-covid-cases-positivity-rate-surges-to-16-5> biggest jump in infections in about five months. The nation also reported a positivity rate of 16.5% on tests conducted, according to the National Institute of Communicable Diseases.“The increased number of tests and cases, and increased positivity are all evidence of the predicted third surge in Covid-19 cases”

South Korea Expects Big Drop in Cases
South Korea expects daily cases to drop by a  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUH10PDWLU76> large margin from mid-July if 25% of the population gets the vaccine by the end of this month as planned, Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency head Jeong Eun Kyeong said.

Abu Dhabi Tightens Measures
Abu Dhabi will  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/abu-dhabi-limits-access-to-malls-beaches-to-green-pass-holders> restrict entry to public venues including malls and beaches to people who have a “green pass” as cases start to inch higher in the United Arab Emirates.

The green pass, which can be accessed via the government’s health app, will use a color-coded system to indicate vaccination status and PCR test validity. The new rules will be effective June 15 for venues including malls and large supermarkets, gyms, hotels, public parks and beaches, as well as restaurants and cafes.

Thai Schools Set to Reopen June 14
Thai public schools will reopen on June 14 as planned, according to Education Minister Treenuch Thienthong.

The beginning of the 2021 academic year, previously set for May 17, has been postponed twice due to concerns over the worst wave of infections to date. Since the resurgence in early April, new infections in Thailand have jumped more than sixfold.

Denmark to Phase Out Restrictions
Danish lawmakers  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUH3ZIDWX2PT> agreed to end most of the country’s restrictions by Sept. 1. >From Monday, Danes will be free to stop using face masks in all situations except public transport, according to a statement. Restaurants and bars will be free to extend opening hours and all schools will return to normal capacity and schedules.

The country will use a so-called corona-passport so people can show they’re either immune or have tested negative within the past 96 hours.

India Covid Deaths Hit Daily Record
India reported a record daily Covid-19 death toll of 6,148, after a state revised its tally. Bihar’s Health Department on Wednesday said the coronavirus had killed 9,429 people, about  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/india-s-bihar-state-nearly-doubles-covid-death-toll-to-9-429> 72% higher than its previous reported death toll, confirming suspicions that the devastation in the Asian nation has been far worse than official numbers show.

China Approves Inactivated Vaccine
China  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/terminal/QUF7HKDWRGG0> approved another inactivated Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use to speed up inoculations. The two-shot vaccine developed by the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences was green-lighted for emergency use on Wednesday, and is now available to population at age 18 and above, local media reported.

The vaccine’s annual output capacity is expected to rise to 500 million to 1 billion doses by the end of this year.

G-7 Plots Global Vaccination Surge
The U.S.  <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/biden-g-7-leaders-plot-global-vaccination-surge-to-end-pandemic> plans to buy 500 million doses of Pfizer Inc.’s coronavirus vaccine to share internationally as President Joe Biden prepares to join other Group of Seven leaders in a campaign to end the pandemic by distributing shots worldwide.

As Biden and other G-7 leaders gathered for the start of their summit in the U.K., their staffs were putting together a document that outlines a plan to end the Covid-19 pandemic by December 2022. At the summit in Cornwall, the presidents and prime ministers will pledge to deliver at least 1 billion extra doses of vaccines over the next year to help cover 80% of the world’s adult population, according to a draft communique seen by Bloomberg News.

Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE will provide 500 million doses at no profit.

Date & Time

Companies under Cautionary

ART

PPC

Dairibord

Starafrica

Fidelity

Turnall

Medtech

Zimre

Nampak Zimbabwe

DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared by Bulls ‘n Bears, a division of Faith Capital (Pvt) Ltd for general information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for any securities. The information contained in this report has been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty is made or guarantee given as to its accuracy or completeness. All opinions expressed and recommendations made are subject to change without notice. Securities or financial instruments mentioned herein may not be suitable for all investors. Securities of emerging and mid-size growth companies typically involve a higher degree of risk and more volatility than the securities of more established companies. Neither Faith Capital nor any other member of Bulls ‘n Bears nor any other person, accepts any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this report or its contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith. Recipients of this report shall be solely responsible for making their own independent investigation into the business, financial condition and future prospects of any companies referred to in this report. Other  Indices quoted herein are for guideline purposes only and sourced from third parties.

(c) 2021 Web: <http:// www.bullszimbabwe.com >  www.bullszimbabwe.com Email:  <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw Tel: +263 4 2927658 Cell: +263 77 344 1674