Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday Morning Inspiration with Gerald Chinogara

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Tue Nov 30 07:50:18 CAT 2021

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>

Thankfulness key to contentment

As we draw to the end of 2021, though marred with its fair share of
challenges, we should find something to  be thankful for. Even in the worst
circumstances, there are things to be grateful for. When we take our eyes
off the problems and focus on the positive, it lifts our spirits and makes
the difficulty easier to bear. When we go a step further and voice
appreciation to those around us for blessing us, it encourages them and
makes their lives easier and brighter. Recent research is actually proving
that thanksgiving can actually make us healthier. Studies have shown that
being thankful improves our physical and emotional health. Holding on to
feelings of thankfulness boosts our immune system and increases blood supply
to our heart, can increase our alertness, enthusiasm, and energy.

For all its benefits, gratitude doesn't come naturally to us. As Jesus
passed through a village one day, he was spotted by ten lepers who
desperately longed to be healed (Luke 17:11-19). They kept themselves at a
distance as required by law but cried out to him, "Jesus, Master, have pity
on us!" Instead of instantly healing the men, Jesus told them to go and show
themselves to the priest. As the ten lepers walked off to obey, their skin
disease disappeared. One of the men turned around, shouting praises to God
as he came back to Jesus. He threw himself at his benefactor's feet. Jesus
expressed amazement that only one man had thought to thank him. "Were not
all ten cleansed?" he asked.

A spirit of thankfulness is more than a good idea; it's a direct command
from God. When we're struggling with trials and difficulties, this sounds
like a strange command, especially since we live in a culture that
encourages us to act on the basis of how we feel. But God knows that when we
focus on our blessings, it's easier to keep our problems and concerns in the
right perspective. Cultivating a spirit of thankfulness honors God and
strengthens our faith. King David never lost his keen awareness of all that
God had done for him personally even though he experienced disappointment,
pain, and heartache, he often poured out his feelings of thankfulness to
God. That gratitude became the foundation of his worship of God and the key
to living a truly triumphant life.

Gerald is an astute business leader, strategic marketer by profession and a
motivator by calling. Currently he is Head of Marketing & Alternative
Distribution Channels for Old Mutual Zimbabwe. He has over 15 years diverse
business experience at senior and executive management in leading corporate
companies in Zimbabwe.

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%2077%20344%201674> +263 77 344 1674 | +27 71 544
4769

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/