Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday Inspiration with Gerald Chinogara

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Tue Oct 12 07:24:09 CAT 2021

 <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw>  <mailto:zitf at zitf.co.zw>

A worthwhile life pursuit

One of the most profound and insightful statements came from Drew Houston,
founder of Dropbox, when he said, "The happiest and most successful people I
know don't just love what they do, they're obsessed with solving an
important problem, something that matters to them. They remind me of a dog
chasing a tennis ball: Their eyes go a little crazy, the leash snaps, and
they go bounding off, plowing through whatever gets in the way" What he
meant is that living a purposeful life that is impactful is not about
pushing yourself. It's about finding your tennis ball, the thing that pulls
you. In any area of life, your tennis ball might be a promise that attracts
you, a moral wrong that makes you indignant enough to act, or what you
perceive as your destiny.

It is that thing which energizes and ignites your passion to pursue and do
something worthwhile without being pushed. Pushing versus pursuing is much
like the difference between bondage and freedom, drudgery and joy. It is as
clear as daylight that the best students in school, the best workers at work
and people who are the greatest blessing in life are pursuers that don't
need being pushed. What is your tennis ball? What in the world, or in your
life, needs you to go after it?  Most of the global movers have two tennis
balls; the first being in your vocation where you are inspired to pursue
your highest calling of what God has called you to do on this earth and the
second is your spiritual life where your passion should be to pursue your
highest calling of who God has made you to be.

We can live out our faith under obligation to all the things we ought to do.
Or we can live out our faith in holy pursuit of the person God has created
us to be. Paul, who was at the top of his game as a young man, threw away
his success, prestige, and power for the greater pursuit of knowing Jesus.
Indeed, Paul accomplished just that, he gained Christ. And as he writes one
of his letters to the Philippian Church, late in his life he still said, "I
press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. I do
not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do:
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on
toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in
Christ Jesus." This was Paul's tennis ball and arguably the greatest human
tool God ever used. What is yours and is it a God sized pursuit?

Gerald is an astute business leader, strategic marketer by profession and a
motivator by calling. Currently he is Head of Marketing & Alternative
Distribution Channels for Old Mutual Zimbabwe. He has over 15 years diverse
business experience at senior and executive management in leading corporate
companies in Zimbabwe.

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%2077%20344%201674> +263 77 344 1674 | +27 71 544
4769

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/