Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday morning Inspiration with Gerald Chinogara

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Tue Sep 7 11:13:12 CAT 2021

Running to Win Your race

We often compare ourselves with others to see how we measure up in this
competitive world. Let's face it, we live in a highly competitive world,
whether it's business, recreation or church, competition seems to rule our
lives. The desire to make more money than others, being a member of the
better team, having the best house or driving the latest car model feeds the
spirit of competitiveness. We live with a never-ending push to succeed and
win. If we aren't winning, if we aren't out in front, then we are just
another in a crowd of faceless losers. The expression in the sports world
that sums up this perspective says, "Second place is first loser."

You can usually see it written all over their face. They put on a fake smile
that says, "Yay. I got the silver medal." Their sense of worth diminishes
because they couldn't measure up. They look up to the winner and reflect on
just how close they came to their dream, yet still lost. Never mind that
among 6 billion+ people on the planet there is only one other "better
person" out there. They are still the first loser among a host of losers. We
need to train ourselves to think differently because the kingdom of God
doesn't work that way. We may be in the race to get to heaven, but we are
all running our own course.

The Lord has a special individualized track for each of us. I'm not running
your race, and you aren't running mine. The Lord doesn't measure us against
others. Winning not only means making it to heaven, but winning means also
making the Father proud and walking out our faith daily. Winning has nothing
to do with how we measure up against others but boils down to how well we
measured up against God's plan for us. Live for Jesus the way only you can
because getting to heaven is just the beginning. God has a whole lot more
for us to accomplish during our very short time on this planet. To fulfill
that divine unique purpose and calling upon your life will require making
regular trips to the river for a drink of the water of life and taking a
healthy gulp of His presence by spending time in His Word.

<https://www.icaz.org.zw/Shared_Content/Events/Event_Display.aspx?EventKey=M
ASTER0921&WebsiteKey=b11170c6-d941-42bf-a9af-c4a345ef4547>