Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday morning Inspiration with Gerald Chinogara

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Tue Sep 21 07:19:04 CAT 2021

<https://www.icaz.org.zw/Shared_Content/Events/Event_Display.aspx?EventKey=M
ASTER0921&WebsiteKey=b11170c6-d941-42bf-a9af-c4a345ef4547> Finding
Contentment under fire

In difficult times, we must consider what we are filling our minds with. It
is important to be informed, prepared, and ready to the best of our human
abilities, but we should always endeavor not to succumb to overloading
ourselves with too much information that incites fear. God is honored when
we pay our part, but we must allow Him to handle the rest. Nothing that
happens to us surprises God. When things go beyond our reach and we feel
we've lost control, we often let our minds run rampant with fear filled
thoughts and what if scenarios. Life can certainly throw some unfair
curveballs our way. Of course, it is a no brainer that you'd be happier if
you had more money, a great job, a well-toned body, etc.

Most of us pin a certain level of happiness on milestones that we have yet
to achieve. But there comes a time in every daydreamer's life when you must
ask, "If this is as good as it gets, what am I going to do about it?" Paul,
who is among leading examples for a Christian life, wrote about being
content in his present situation, which was often being homeless, in jail,
shipwrecked, flogged, robbed, stoned or in some type of peril. If anyone had
a reason to be discontented, it was Paul as his life wasn't easy by any
measure. The rock that Paul leaned on was his belief in Christ. He found the
far reaching arm of grace was enough to hold him no matter how close he came
to the brink.

You just never know when or how your situation will improve. So, when faced
with discontentment, the more reliable decision would be to change one's
perspective of the circumstance rather than waiting for the circumstance
itself to change. With the right thoughts and perspective, you will find
that life somewhere in its core, with all its imperfections and pitfalls is
good. Either way, it's always good to stop in the middle of the crowdedness
of life and ask the question, "What if this is as good as it gets?" And if
it is, then ask God where you can find joy and peace in this moment. Let God
show you where He has hidden His grace for you, because I promise, it's
there. Our hope and joy is in God and not in circumstances.

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%2077%20344%201674> +263 77 337 3249 | +27 71 544
4769

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/