Entrepreneurship Zone: 14 February 2023 :: Meet Allen Moyo a young yet grounded founding Entrepreneur of Dejavu Apparel

Bulls n Bears info at bulls.co.zw
Tue Feb 14 10:31:16 CAT 2023

 <https://bullszimbabwe.com/>

 <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com/> Bullszimbabwe.com
<mailto:info at bulls.co.zw?subject=View%20and%20Comments> Views & Comments
<http://www.bulls.co.zw/blog> Bullish Thoughts
<http://www.twitter.com/BullsBears2010> Twitter
<https://www.facebook.com/BullsBearsZimbabwe> Facebook
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bulls-n-bears-zimbabwe/57/577/72> LinkedIn
<https://chat.whatsapp.com/CF6wllAfScU9Wr6dXxoQnO> WhatsApp

Entrepreneurship Zone: 14 February 2023 :: Meet Allen Moyo a young yet
grounded founding Entrepreneur of Dejavu Apparel

·

In  a constantly volatile industry where balancing refined fashion taste,
trends and bespoke fashion is the norm, his fashion brand aims to strike a
fair balance between minimalistic street wear and leaving an indelible
imprint of independence to its clients through their payoff line “Free
Yourself”.

Let’s throw it back to square one Allen, the conception stage of the idea
that was to be Brand Dejavu Apparel. What informs a then younger Allen that
a fashion brand is his Forte, that this is what he wants to do?

>From as far as I can remember, entrepreneurship has always been at the back
of my mind. I have always been fascinated by the general idea of starting
and owning a business. That and my die-hard love for street wear gave birth
to brand Dejavu Apparel.

“Free yourself” a payoff line for Dejavu Apparel is a bold statement. What
is the vision behind it and what is its relevance to your particular target
Market?

“Free yourself” is an expression of independence, being liberated in every
form. We are talking about financial independence, mental independence and
all. The desire to be your person outside of societal expectations and
norms, which is often something most people are scared of.

Every brand has a beautiful, close-knit story to tell. What is that story
that holds brand Dejavu together and how have you seen it unfold over years?

Our story has always been to inspire the next person to believe that it’s
possible to achieve their dreams. That’s the Dejavu Story. Over the years
our growth has been fulfilling that story we are trying to tell.

We are in an era of innovation where every craft from fashion to Art has to
own an edge, be unique and have a brand appeal. What is the cutting edge for
your brand and what keeps it afloat?

Our unique edge I would like to believe is minimalism. Our best-selling
collection is coincidentally our simplest collection with just a text logo.

Dejavu Aims to deliver Craftsmanship of “minimalistic street wear” and
noticing how street wear constantly changes, how do you ensure that the
brand stays winning by creating what the clients want?

In an environment where street wear culture is growing, we are trying our
best to create what we want and drive people towards understanding our
vision. We believe doing what people want would limit our artistic freedom
to express what our brand is truly about.

Your brand has a visible footprint on Social Media, does digital marketing
and e-business make up for your brand strategy and if so, what’s their
value?

E-marketing has a played a crucial role in our growth over years Ntando.
People want to have a feeling of belonging. In realizing that we try our
best to make sure that we create a community of likeminded people who share
similar values and that has become our client.

 In your field, what’s the biggest lesson you have leant and what’s your
advice to an aspirating fashion brand owner?

My biggest lesson has always been in understanding that there is a world
bigger than my immediate environment. My advice to any aspiring fashion
designer is to never be afraid to start small while dreaming big. Be willing
to learn, both from people ahead of you and previous versions of yourself
that you allowed making mistakes along the way.

As Entrepreneurial Magazine we are running a special edition this month in
celebration of Men in Business in line with Men’s Day on 19th November. In
essence to this particular day, as young man in a fashion industry dominated
by cut-throat competition, do you see more men penetrating the industry and
what’s the strength that they must carry to sustain?

It’s my hope that we actually do get to see more men joining the fashion
industry. It is predominantly led by women as they have a wider variety to
choose from. So having more men in the industry would allow us to broaden
and stretch the bounds of fashion as we probably have a different
perspective from women who have been doing an amazing job over years.

Thank you Allen for your kind responses, very inspiring and I have no doubt
you are headed for greatness.

Thank you, Ntando.

-entremag.co.zw

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

<https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/bullish-thoughts/>
www.bullszimbabwe.com/blog

DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared by Bulls ‘n Bears, a division of
Faith Capital (Pvt) Ltd for general information purposes only and does not
constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or
subscribe for any securities. The information contained in this report has
been compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or
warranty is made or guarantee given as to its accuracy or completeness. All
opinions expressed and recommendations made are subject to change without
notice. Securities or financial instruments mentioned herein may not be
suitable for all investors. Securities of emerging and mid-size growth
companies typically involve a higher degree of risk and more volatility than
the securities of more established companies. Neither Faith Capital nor any
other member of Bulls ‘n Bears nor any other person, accepts any liability
whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from any use of this report or its
contents or otherwise arising in connection therewith. Recipients of this
report shall be solely responsible for making their own independent
investigation into the business, financial condition and future prospects of
any companies referred to in this report. Other  Indices quoted herein are
for guideline purposes only and sourced from third parties.

(c) 2023 Web: <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com>  www.bullszimbabwe.com Email: