Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday Morning Inspiration with Gerald Chinogara

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Tue Dec 8 10:43:47 CAT 2020

Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday Morning Inspiration with Gerald
Chinogara

December being the last month of the year is that season again, when we're
reminded to be thankful and to express thankfulness. God has told us, "In
everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1
Thessalonians 5:18. Even though we know it's God's will, for most of us, a
reminder is a good thing, because in the midst of busyness and challenges of
life, we often forget to be grateful for our many blessings.

With the global pandemic heightening the fear level many might think that
there is nothing to be thankful for due to the uncertainty about what the
future holds. Media reports feed on fear keeping people on edge. Some
reading this are struggling under the grip of fear right now. Fear, if not
surrendered to God, causes people to act in strange ways.

Psalm 34 is a faith-filled and worshipful call to trust God over fear. David
wrote these words while running in fear for his life. When arriving at Gath,
David becomes fearful of the king of Gath that he pretends to be insane
drooling and scratching on doors (1 Samuel 21:13). That charade gets him out
of trouble but only leads to another problem. He ends up in the cave of
Adullam where he becomes the commander of 400 distressed, discontented, and
indebted men living in that same cave because of fear (1 Samuel 22:1).

But in that cave, living in fear, and trying to lead others living in fear
that David lifts his voice to God. In that cry of praise and thankfulness to
God, you and I can learn how to handle fear. Fear begins to flee when you
and I take our eyes off it and begin to focus on God.

Our perspective on the situation changes when we turn our eyes onto the
omnipotent and sovereign Almighty God. In the cave of fear, surrounded by
400 fearful men. When David was ordained King these 400 good for nothing men
became giant slayers and people of great exploits, an incredible
transformation. This teaches us that making God our chief focus frees our
hearts to see God the one who loves us with unending love.

The pandemic has taught us to strip ourselves completely of our dependency
on the world and look to Jesus as our Source for everything. This festive
season as we celebrate the birth of Jesus let us be thankful and grateful to
God for the gift of life and his protection that has enabled us to seeing it
through to the end of one of the most trying years in the history of
mankind.

Gerald is an astute business leader,strategic marketer by profession and a
motivator by calling. Currently he is Head of Marketing & Alternative
Distribution Channels for Old Mutual Zimbabwe. He has over 15 years diverse
business experience at senior and executive management in leading corporate
companies in Zimbabwe.

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/

Skype:           Bulls.Bears