Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday Morning Inspiration with Gerald Chinogara

Bulls n Bears bulls at bullszimbabwe.com
Mon Oct 19 21:35:03 CAT 2020

Destined for Greatness: Your Tuesday Morning Inspiration with Gerald
Chinogara

As human beings we take many precautions to protect ourselves from danger.
We use seat belts in automobiles, take vitamins, lock the doors at night,
exercise or eat nutritiously, buy medical insurance, listen to weather
warnings, avoid dangerous parts of town, visit doctors often, avoid
motorcycles, and various other activities that are generally deemed extreme
with a high propensity to cause grievous bodily harm.

We also make efforts to protect our children. We ensure that they eat three
balanced meals a day, avoid risky playground equipment, do not play with
knives, avoid strangers, do not ride their bikes in the street, get to bed
on time, do not climb too high in trees, stay away from the bully down the
street etc. But all these efforts are of little value and only protect the
body. What are you doing for the authentic inner person?

Unfortunately, after taking all these measures to mitigate the occurrence of
the above risks, we still find ourselves experiencing difficulties or
afflictions in life that sometimes cost us dearly in many ways. If we are to
be brutally honest with ourselves, a significant number of the afflictions
we experience is self-administered.  However, there is an answer to this
challenge, and it is found in discretion and understanding which can keep
you safe.

What efforts are you making to acquire discretion and understanding for
yourself and to instil them in your children? Worldly schools or the media
certainly do not teach them, and they are rarely taught in tertiary academic
institutions. As the wisest and wealthiest King Solomon wrote, "Wisdom is
the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom: and with all thy getting get
understanding" (Pr 4:7). Discretion knows what to do, when to do it, and how
to do it in various circumstances. Understanding is discerning a situation,
its hidden dangers, subtle errors, and the right course of action. As such
wisdom is visible manifestation of discretion and understanding in action.

Dr Creflo Dollar expressed it well when he said, "wisdom is knowing what to
do when you don't know what to do". In short it is wisdom that enables you
to handle challenges for which they are no precedence. God has given you the
means to protect your life from pain, trouble, and difficulty. He has given
instruction for happiness and success. Are you applying yourself as
diligently and regularly in acquiring these two things as you do in
protecting your body and money? Today make sure your priorities are right
for your maximum success and this is one life transforming decision that
only you can make for yourself.

Telephone:      <tel:%2B263%204%202927658> +263 4 2927658

Alt. Email:       <mailto:info at bulls.co.zw> info at bulls.co.zw

Website:        www.bullszimbabwe.com <http://www.bullszimbabwe.com>

Blog:             www. <https://bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/>
bullszimbabwe.com/category/blogs/